VOLUNTEER WITH US
There are Many Ways to Help
Wild At Heart is an all volunteer, non-profit 501(c)3 organization. Support for Wild At Heart comes from generous members of the community who are concerned about our ever-decreasing wildlife habitats.
We offer a wonderful opportunity for the community to become directly involved with our bird-focused, education-driven organization. Volunteering can be on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis.
These activities help build leadership skills, job skills, self-esteem and confidence, all while learning the importance of preserving our wildlife heritage and the value of being involved in their community.
Who can volunteer?
- Anyone of 12 years old and up is welcomed and encouraged to join us. (Each child of 12 must be accompanied by a parent.)
- Youth must be able to work independently for several hours on their own. They will NOT be directly supervised by any of the other volunteers that may be on site during the time.
- Families commonly come in together to show their children the rewards of helping.
- Corporate groups routinely bring groups of 10-20 as part of their community service programs.
- High school students looking to meet their graduation requirement of community service have found our unique opportunities to be very worthwhile.
- The retired and semi-retired adults have found working around and for our magnificent birds of prey to be a very special experience.
What are some of the volunteer categories?
- Feeding, cleaning, and aviary maintenance
- Transport and rescue of injured birds
- Fundraising and event planning
- Office Assistance
How can you start volunteering?
To learn more about volunteering at Wild At Heart, simply send an e-mail to Beth at Info@WildAtHeartOwls.org.
NOTE! Please check your spam folder if you have not received a reply from us. We always reply within 4-5 business days.