VOLUNTEER WITH US
There are Many Ways to Help
Wild At Heart is an all volunteer, non-profit 501(c)3 organization. Support for Wild At Heart comes from generous members of the community who are concerned about our ever-decreasing wildlife habitats.
We offer a wonderful opportunity for the community to become directly involved with our bird-focused, education-driven organization. Volunteering can be on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis.
These activities help build leadership skills, job skills, self-esteem and confidence, all while learning the importance of preserving our wildlife heritage and the value of being involved in their community.
Who can volunteer?
- Anyone of 10 years old and up is welcomed and encouraged to join us. (Each child between the ages of 10-12 must be accompanied by a parent.)
- Families commonly come in together to show their children the rewards of helping.
- Corporate groups routinely bring groups of 10-20 as part of their community service programs.
- High school students looking to meet their graduation requirement of community service have found our unique opportunities to be very worthwhile.
- The retired and semi-retired adults have found working around and for our magnificent birds of prey to be a very special experience.
What are some of the volunteer categories?
- Feeding, cleaning, and aviary maintenance
- Transport and rescue of injured birds
- Fundraising and event planning
- Office Assistance
How can you start volunteering?
To learn more about volunteering at Wild At Heart, simply send an e-mail to Beth at Info@WildAtHeartOwls.org. You will receive a reply to your e-mail containing our volunteer packet.